1st PAGE Forum on Green Economy Learning - Scaling up green economy learning and capacity development through institutional collaboration
The overall goal of the 1st Global Forum on Green economy Learning is to scale up green economy learning through collaboration of interested institutions from around the world.
The effective translation of the green economy concept into national policies creates challenges as well as opportunities, of which scaling up learning and skills development is one important area. Topics such as valuing natural capital, ecosystem services, advancing resource efficiency, or green economy modelling and assessments, are often unfamiliar to decision-makers in the public and private sector. Yet, awareness, knowledge and skills related to these topics are a key determinant for green economy policy analysis, reform and implementation at all levels.
The Forum aims to:
• facilitate information exchange, experience-sharing and coordination for green economy learning;
• review national approaches to develop a strategic approach to green economy learning;
• engage learning institutions in piloting green economy concepts within existing courses;
• initiate collaboration to offer a self-standing green economy university course/curriculum;
• create a community of practice of green economy learning professionals and institutions