| UNESCO Chairs and
||UNESCO Chair in Sciences and Spirituality (667), established in 2004 at the Institute For Oriental Studies, Almaty (Kazakhstan)
Progress Report 2006 (short version)
History, linguistics, cultural and religious studies.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of history , linguistics, cultural, and religious studies.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the Institute and other institutions in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Institute for Oriental Studies of the Republic of Kazakhstan
• Institute of Oriental Studies, Russian Academy
of Sciences, St-Petersburg Branch (St-Petersburg, Russia)
• Abu Raikhan Beruni Institute of Oriental Studies, Academy of Sciences of
Uzbekistan (Tashkent, Uzbekistan)
• India-Central Asia Foundation (New Delhi, India)
• Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology, Academy of Social Sciences of China (Beijing, China)
• First Historical Archive of China (Beijing, China)
• Academic Centre of Socio-Economic Researches, Academy of Sciences of Mongolia (Ulgii, Mongolia)
UNESCO Sector / Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in Sciences and Spirituality, Institute For Oriental Studies, Almaty