| UNESCO Chairs and
||UNITWIN Network on Pedagogical Education: the Multicultural Dialogue Cooperation Programme (720), established in 2006 at Herzen Pedagogical State University of Russia, St Petersburg (Russian Federation)
Progress Report 2006 (short version)
Post-graduate teaching, training, research; pedagogical and education sciences, social and human sciences.
The principal objectives of the Cooperation Programme are to:
- promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the fields of pedagogical education;
- provide advice and expertise to assist all countries, particularly the least developed, in:
- establishing long-term cooperation among partner universities in capacity building and institutional strengthening in pedagogical education;
- facilitating links between the member institutions through development of interaction and collaboration among partner universities as well as among related UNITWIN Networks through joint programmes, visiting professorships and student mobility;
- helping members of the Cooperation Programme to establish an international cooperative research programme in pedagogical education through centers of excellence for specialized pedagogical studies and advanced research;
- developing methods of interdisciplinary research and development activities through knowledge sharing and mutual assistance in upgrading and further development of the existing academic and professional qualifications;
- enhancing public awareness of multicultural dialogue issues in specific situations trough education;
- permitting better-informed international recognition of qualifications;
- ensuring academic mobility of faculty and students with the aim of experiencing exchange and establishing multicultural dialogue between the participating higher education institutions;
- facilitating the development and use of information and communication technologies;
- enabling Cooperation Programme members to update and upgrade their capacities through linkages with other universities in the world.
Progress Report 2007 (short version)
Russian Federation: Murmansk State Pedagogical University; Vologda State Pedagogical University, Karelia State Pedagogical University, Komi State Pedagogical University, Pskov State Pedagogical University, Pomorsk State University, Yaroslav the Wise Novgorod State University, North-West Brach of the Russian Academy of Education, UNESCO Chair on Training and Retraining of Specialists under Market Economy Conditions (Academy of Management "TISBI", Tatarstan Institute for the Promotion of Business), Nizhnekamensk Municipal Institute, Tatarstan.
Belarus:UNESCO Chair for Human Rights and Democracy (Belarussian State University)
Georgia: UNESCO Chair on Culture of Peace and Democracy (Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani Tbilisi State Pedagogical University)
Kazakstan:UNESCO Chair on Educational Science and Teacher training (Abai State University)
Kyrgyzstan: Kyrgyz State National University
Uzbekistan: UNESCO Chair in civic and values education (Tashkent State Pedagogical University)
Ukraine: UNESCO Chair in preventive education and social policy (Academy of Pedagogical Education, Kiev).
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, UNESCO Moscow Office
Activities of the UNITWIN Network on Pedagogical Education: the Multicultural Dialogue Cooperation Programme, Herzen Pedagogical State University of Russia, St Petersburg