Home to Water Portal
Printer friendly version
Home > Archives - Updated: 02-09-2009 8:39 am
This page presents reports, overviews of past events linked to the HELP programme.
HELP programme background until the Pilot Phase (2001):
- The UN ACC-SWR Global Water Quality Initiative (17th Session, Paris, October 1996).
- A request for UNESCO and WMO to consider the launching of a 2nd International Hydrological Decade by the British Hydrological Society Exeter Statement, July 1998.
- UNESCO-sponsored informal expert group meeting, Institute of Hydrology (now Centre for Ecology and Hydrology), Wallingford, UK, November-December 1998. The meeting endorsed a conceptual framework focused on experimental hydrology linked with policy and development issues. A report of this informal expert group meeting was prepared in January 1999. The conceptual framework was submitted to the 5th Joint UNESCO/WMO Conference on International Hydrology, Geneva, February 1999.
- The 5th Joint UNESCO/WMO Conference on International Hydrology, Geneva, February 1999 endorsed HELP. The Conference recommended the creation of this new global initiative which would, through the establishment of a global network of catchments, set a new scientific agenda that is more relevant to the most critical water policy and water management issues.
- The 28th Session of the IHP Bureau, September 1999 approved HELP and recommended that HELP, like FRIEND, should become a distinctive cross-cutting programme of the UNESCO IHP-VI.
- Task Force Meeting, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA, November 1999. The Meeting was jointly hosted by the Department of Hydrology and Water Resources, the Institute for the Study of Planet Earth, and the Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy; all at the University of Arizona.
- The 29th Session of the IHP Bureau, April 2000 reviewed the draft of the Design and Implementation Strategy of the HELP Initiative, as prepared by the HELP Task Force.
- The IHP IGC XIV Session, June 2000 approved HELP as part of IHP-VI under Resolution No. XIV-7.
- The 11th Session of the WMO CHy, Abuja, Nigeria, November 2000 reviewed HELP.
|HELP Pilot Basin Review Meeting
(Centre for Ecology and Hydrology - CEH, Wallingford, UK; 06-03-2001 - 08-03-2001) |
Following the recommendations of the IMC meeting, Dublin, a sub-committee of the HELP IMC met at the UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology, Wallingford, to review nominated HELP basins proposals. More
|Meeting of the Interim Management Committee
(University College, Dublin, Ireland; 06-12-2000 - 08-12-2000) |
The objectives of the meeting were to reassess the HELP basin guidelines defined by the Task Force, to review the strategy to finalize procedures for establishment of demonstration basins, and to develop a technical implementation strategy. More
|Hydrology : science and practice for the 21st Century.
(Imperial College, London, UK; 11-07-2004 - 15-07-2004) |
This international conference brang together hydrologists from the UK and overseas concerned with the scientific and practical challenges in understanding and managing hydrological systems during the new century. More
|Global Water System Project Open Science Conference
(Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA; 07-10-2003 - 09-10-2003) |
This Conference solicitated inputs from the science and water policy communities to help develop strategies to adress the key question of the GWSP: the HELP programme was presented during this Conference. More
|Water & Wastewater Europe Conference
(Nice, France; 04-03-2003 - 07-03-2003) |
The conference covered issues related to the European Union Water Framework Directive. HELP was presented during this meeting. More
|National Water Conference
(Melbourne, Australia; 04-09-2002 - 05-09-2002) |
The 7th National Water conference was the leading annual gathering for senior executives in Australasia's urban and regional water utilities, as well as natural resources agencies. More
(Brisbane, Australia; 03-09-2002 - 06-09-2002) |
This Symposium was held in Brisbane, Australia. More
|Mississippi River Climate and Hydrology Conference
(New Orleans, USA; 13-05-2002 - 17-05-2002) |
This meeting provided a review of the research findings emerging from the GEWEX Continental Scale International Project (GCIP) over the past 6 years and provided directions for future research under the GEWEX Americas Prediction Project - GAPP. More
|Seminar on Sustainable Water Management
(; 13-09-2004 11:11 am - 15-09-2004 11:11 am ) |
The aim of the seminar was to address the various aspects of the water situation here and the way we can remediate, develop and sustain water management on a common vision. More
| || ||