Loading media information
You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
. This page was captured on 14:18:44 Jan 16, 2016, and is part of the UNESCO
collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions
of this archived page.
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
Young People and HIV & AIDS
For UNESCO, responding to HIV and AIDS implies working WITH and FOR young people.
Therefore, UNESCO mobilises partnerships with young people and youth organizations in order to involve and empower young people – in both formal and non-formal educational settings – to make informed choices, take action and exercise responsible behaviours.
UNESCO is also an active member of the UNAIDS Inter-agency Task Team (IATT) on ‘HIV/AIDS and Young People’, convened by UNFPA.
- 27-03-2009 - ‘Love and Relationships’: Film festival in Cambodia addresses HIV prevention
- 31-07-2008 - Why are we still failing young people?
- Red Ribbon (UNESCO New Delhi, 2007)
- Handbook for young people, HIV and AIDS, Gender and Human Rights (UNESCO Mexico, UNIFEM and UNAIDS, 2007)
- HIV and AIDS Myth Buster (UNESCO New Delhi, 2007)
- Overcoming barriers to educating young people about sex and HIV
Start date (local time): 10-06-2008 12:15 pm - End date (local time): 10-06-2008 1:45 pm
- 21st World Scout Jamboree: Youth Speak Out about Sexuality and HIV in the Community
Organizer: The World Scouts (Official Website)
Start date (local time): 25-07-2007 9:00 am - End date (local time): 06-08-2007 4:00 pm
- Sexuality Education
Start date: 25-06-2007 4:45 pm - End date: 25-12-2011 4:45 pm
- UNESCO's Youth Initiative on HIV & AIDS and Human Rights
Start date: 07-12-1999 10:00 am - End date: 07-12-2008 10:00 am
- Youth Visioning for Island Living
Start date: 18-05-2006 4:00 pm - End date: 18-12-2010 3:00 pm
© UNESCO 1995-2010 - ID: 33526