You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
. This page was captured on 14:35:15 Jan 16, 2016, and is part of the UNESCO
collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions
of this archived page.
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
UNAIDS Inter-Agency Task Team (IATT) on Education
Quick link to this page: www.unesco.org/aids/iatt
- IATT: Scaling up and sustaining action for more comprehensive approaches
- © UNAIDS/L. Taylor
The UNAIDS Inter-Agency Task Team (IATT) on Education was created in 2002 to support accelerated and improved education sector responses to HIV and AIDS. It is convened by UNESCO.
Education contributes toward the knowledge and personal skills essential for the prevention of HIV, and the mitigation of the impacts caused by AIDS. Education also helps to overcome the conditions that facilitate the spread of HIV, including poverty, ill health, violence and abuse, particularly against girls and women. Beyond this, education can create the conditions of understanding and tolerance that contribute to reduced stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV.
For more information on the goals, objectives and primary activities of the IATT on Education click here
The IATT membership includes the UNAIDS Co-sponsoring agencies, bi-lateral agencies and private donors, and civil society (for full list of IATT members and members’ activities click here).
Contact the IATT Secretariat at UNESCO
- 13-08-2010 - The IATT launches a Global Progress Survey on Education Sector Engagement in National Responses to HIV and AIDS
- 13-08-2010 - International Symposium on Social norms and collective behaviour: How education needs to transform to better contribute to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support?
- 12-08-2010 - Forthcoming - the 18th Meeting of the UNAIDS IATT on Education
- 09-08-2010 - International Symposium on ‘How to Get the Message Across - the Education Sector’s Response to the Challenge of HIV Prevention among Most-At-Risk Youth’
- 29-07-2010 - Back to school: UNAIDS PCB Members get a lesson in comprehensive sexuality education
- 11-12-2009 - UNAIDS IATT on Education meeting with UNGEI leads to recommendations for the EFA Working Group
- 31-10-2009 - UNESCO supports pilot testing of toolkit on HIV and Education in Emergencies in North Sudan
- Updated Stocktaking Report on Education sector responses to HIV and AIDS
- Quality of evidence assessment for literature considering the impact of education on HIV and AIDS
- Improving research quality: how good is the literature on the impact of education on HIV and AIDS?
- Outils pour intégrer le VIH et le SIDA dans le secteur de l’éducation : principes directeurs à l’intention des organismes de coopération pour le développement – Guide de l’utilisateur
- Report on the Workshop on Mainstreaming HIV and AIDS in the Education Sector,
- UNAIDS IATT on Education launches a CD-ROM of its resources
- A Strategic Approach: HIV & AIDS and Education
- Lessons of coordination and harmonisation in Jamaica, Kenya, Thailand and Zambia
- Guidelines for mainstreaming HIV and AIDS in the Education Sector
- The UNAIDS IATT on Education meeting to address the education sector’s response to the challenge of HIV prevention among most-at-risk young people
Organizer: UNAIDS IATT (Official Website)
Start date (local time): 03-12-2009 10:05 am - End date (local time): 03-12-2009 10:05 am
- The UNAIDS IATT on Education supports the development of an M&E; framework for education sector responses to HIV and AIDS
Organizer: UNAIDS IATT (Official Website)
Start date (local time): 10-11-2009 8:00 am - End date (local time): 11-11-2009 8:00 am
- UNESCO hosts a workshop on Mainstreaming HIV and AIDS in the Education Sector
Organizer: UNESCO & ADB (Official Website)
Start date (local time): 04-11-2009 1:00 pm - End date (local time): 06-11-2009 1:00 pm
- IATT on Education E-Forum Report on Teachers and HIV & AIDS
Organizer: UNAIDS IATT
Start date (local time): 16-06-2009 10:00 am - End date (local time): 18-06-2009 10:00 am
- IATT on Education Symposium on Teachers and HIV & AIDS
Organizer: UNAIDS Inter-Agency Task Team (IATT)
Start date (local time): 15-06-2009 12:00 pm - End date (local time): 17-06-2009 12:00 pm
- Mainstreaming HIV and AIDS in Education in Emergencies
Start date (local time): 01-04-2009 8:00 am - End date (local time): 04-04-2009 8:00 am
© UNESCO 1995-2010 - ID: 33740