You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
. This page was captured on 17:20:23 Jan 16, 2016, and is part of the UNESCO
collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions
of this archived page.
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
- Global Initiative on Education and HIV & AIDS (EDUCAIDS)
- © UNESCO
Led by UNESCO with the collaboration of UNAIDS cosponsors and other key stakeholders, EDUCAIDS -the Global Initiative on Education and HIV & AIDS - seeks to promote, develop and support comprehensive education sector responses to HIV and AIDS.
EDUCAIDS has two primary goals:
- To prevent the spread of HIV through education
- To protect the core functions of the education system from the worst effects of the epidemic.
Through EDUCAIDS, UNESCO and its partners support efforts at the country level to promote comprehensive education sector responses to HIV and AIDS; plan and prioritise actions; and build partnerships and promote coordination.
Recognising the vital role of the education sector in the national response to AIDS, the UNAIDS Committee of Cosponsoring Organizations (CCO) launched EDUCAIDS in March 2004. EDUCAIDS has also been designated by UNESCO’s Executive Board as one of three core UNESCO initiatives to achieve Education for All (EFA).
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 04-08-2010 - Induction workshop on HIV and AIDS for East and Southern Africa
- 27-03-2009 - EDUCAIDS Evaluation
- 31-07-2008 - Why are we still failing young people?
- UNESCO Launches EDUCAIDS CD-Rom
- UNESCO at the XVII International AIDS Conference (Mexico City, August 2008)
- Linking EDUCAIDS with other on-going initiatives: An overview of opportunities - An assessment of challenges
- Workshop on Integrated HIV and AIDS Planning and Implementation for the Education Sector
Start date (local time): 26-10-2009 2:00 pm - End date (local time): 30-10-2009 2:00 pm
- Consultation on the role of higher education in HIV prevention in the Arab region
Start date (local time): 02-06-2009 1:00 pm - End date (local time): 02-06-2009 1:00 pm
- Africa Sub-Regional HIV and AIDS Capacity-Building Workshops
Start date (local time): 23-04-2007 10:10 am - End date (local time): 22-06-2007 10:10 am
- Virginio Bruni-Tedeschi/UNESCO Intiative on Supporting EDUCAIDS in Southern Africa
Start date: 05-12-2007 1:00 pm - End date: 31-12-2009 1:00 pm
© UNESCO 1995-2010 - ID: 36400