IITE-2014 International Conference “New Challenges for Pedagogy and Quality Education: MOOCs, Clouds and Mobiles” will be held on October 14-15, 2014 in Moscow.
- UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE)
- National Research Nuclear University “MEPHI”
- UNESCO Moscow Office for Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, the Republic of Moldova and the Russian Federation
- The Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO
- UNESCO Chairs/UNITWIN Network
- UNESCO ASPnet
- UNESCO-UNEVOC Network
To provide an effective platform for discussion of strategy, policy and the best practices of ICT application in education and professional development of educators, as well as development and implementation of innovative approaches for integration of ICT and pedagogics for ensuring equal access of various social and demographic groups of the UNESCO Member States to high-quality education and lifelong learning within the UNESCO program priorities for the period after 2015.
The conference will become the platform for constructive dialogue between the policy makers, heads of governing educational institutions, scientists, practitioners, representatives of the academic community, the state and private sectors, as well as the potential donors, directed on identification of current trends and innovative approaches to effective ICT use in education.
A special focus of the conference will be paid to recommendations and UNESCO’s vision on application of the open educational resources (OER) and massive open online courses (MOOCs), teacher ICT competence and professional development, as well as ensuring quality and gender equality in education. The conference participants will exchange opinions on the potential of advanced ICTs and will analyze existing experience on information and educational resources, cloudy services and mobile technologies of the developing global inclusive Knowledge Society for ensuring access to high-quality education for all including persons with disabilities, women and girls.
- To analyze the policy-level implications aimed at the active ICT and innovative pedagogical methods integration into educational practices and promoting quality and accessible education for all;
- To discuss promising initiatives on application of ICT potential for enhancement of teacher training and professional development of educators;
- To exchange, data, knowledge and skills related to potential of new forms and methods of active application of ICT-enhanced education, including application of MOOCs, cloud and mobile technologies;
- To identify priority areas for intervention and research, in order to contribute to the full use of ICT potential for modernization of national and regional educational systems;
- To discuss the challenges and exchange promising practices to support flexible, accessible, personalized education by means of modern e-learning and electronic multimedia tools of the new generation;
- To support good initiatives, analyze and promote further cooperation of the global UNESCO networks (ASPnet schools, UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN networks, UNEVOC centres) with government and private sectors, including implementation of the UNESCO IITE Pilot projects “LFF – Learning for the Future” and “KIF – Knowledge and innovations for the Future;
- To build consensus and develop joint recommendations for policy makers, curriculum developers and teachers of educational universities and teacher professional development institutions, as well as for legislators on the way forward for possible future activities to meet the needs of the knowledge societies and implement the UNESCO goals in education for the period after 2015.
The conference will be attended by the representatives from the Ministries of Education, heads of leading universities, practitioners from academic institutions and teacher training and teacher’s professional development centres, as well as experts, educators and innovators in the field of ICT in education, coordinators of UNESCO networks, representatives of NGOs, IGOs, and private IT companies.
The main conference programme will include plenary and parallel sessions, the panel discussions, poster presentations, as well as expositions of the UNESCO IITE partners. The speeches of the invited experts are planned at the plenary sessions. A meeting of the UNESCO IITE Pilot project “LFF – Learning for the Future” and the UNESCO Associated schools participants will take place within the conference. The program of conference will include reports, presentations and the poster presentations selected by the Program Committee on the basis of papers, submitted in the main thematic areas of conference.
The following criteria will be used to select papers: the quality of research, the originality of the work, compliance with the conference topics and geographical representation of the speakers. Poster submissions are reviewed by the Programme Committee via the same procedure as papers.
The requirements to papers will be available at the UNESCO IITE web portal after opening of registration of the conference participants on August 15, 2014.