The Instagram Graph API is Now Available to All Developers.
For Non-Business Instagram Accounts please continue to use the existing Instagram Platform API.
The Instagram API Platform can be used to build non-automated, authentic, high-quality apps and services that:
- Help individuals share their own content with 3rd party apps.
- Help brands and advertisers understand, manage their audience and media rights.
- Help broadcasters and publishers discover content, get digital rights to media, and share media with proper attribution.
We'll assign an OAuth client_id and client_secret for each of your applications.
Ask users to authenticate and authorize your application with Instagram.
Start making requests!
Make requests to our API Endpoints with the users' OAuth credentials.
Before you start using the API Platform, we have a few guidelines that we'd like to tell you about. Please make sure to read the full Platform Policy. Here's what you'll read about:
- Instagram users own their media. It's your responsibility to make sure that you respect that right.
- You cannot use "insta", "gram" or "Instagram" in your company or product name.
- You cannot replicate the core user experience of the Instagram apps or web site. For example, do not build a media viewer.
- You cannot use the API Platform to crawl or store users' media without their express consent.
- Do not abuse the API Platform, automate requests, or encourage unauthentic behavior. This will get your access turned off.