UNESCO IITE took part in the round table “Digital education and national security” held by the Expert Council for Information Technologies in Education and Science under the Committee for Education and Science of the State Duma of the Russian Federation on 15 May 2019 in Moscow.
The round table was chaired by Mr. Oleg Smolin, First Deputy Chair of the Committee for Education and Science, Supervisor of the Expert Council for Information Technologies in Education and Science. State Duma Deputies, members of Expert Councils, heads of executive authorities, rectors of universities, representatives of companies specialized in developing electronic technological teaching aids and electronic training courses participated in the event.
The key presentation “Digital education and national security” was delivered by Mr. Vladimir Tikhomirov, Chairman of the Expert Council for Information Technologies in Education and Science under the Committee for Education and Science of the State Duma of the Russian Federation. During the round table, the participants discussed the following topics:
- the issue of national security of Russia under digital transformation of the educational system;
- enhancing digital literacy in the interests of national security;
- the challenges related to implementation of the federal project “Information Security” of the national programme “Digital Economy of the Russian Federation”;
- the risks of using foreign educational content in digital education;
- the technology of transferring information from human memory to BigData digital storage;
- digital education as a tool to increase the accessibility of higher and secondary vocational education in Russia;
- relevant issues of deploying a training system in information security in the context of building a global information economy, etc.
During the round table, Ms. Svetlana Knyazeva, Chief of the Unit of Digital Pedagogy and Learning Materials at UNESCO IITE presented the third version of UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers published in the Russian language by UNESCO IITE. This document is the tool to guide pre- and in-service teacher training on the use of ICTs across the education system developed by UNESCO in partnership with industry leaders and global subject experts.