UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education and UNAIDS Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia in partnership with Odnoklassniki social media network have released a series of information cards to provide teachers, parents and students with practical tips for living and studying in the time of COVID-19.
64 cards summarize key expert recommendations on several topics related to learning at home, working remotely, staying healthy, talking about COVID-19 and information hygiene, relationships, and leisure time during home confinement.
The cards provide:
- Useful tips for parents, caregivers and teachers how to talk to children of different age about COVID-19 and be prepared to answer difficult questions
- Rules to stay motivated to study or work remotely, organize daily routine and balance work, study and the rest
- Universal precautious measures to stay safe and protect others including those who cannot work remotely
- Ideas how to maintain physical and mental health, read news about the coronavirus and cope with stress
- Advice how to support healthy relationships and communication without discriminating those affected by COVID-19
Over 1 million users of Odnoklassniki social media network have already seen these cards published in OK.RU/TEST community (in Russian only), shared and provided positive comments and likes.
The cards are also being shared with National Commissions for UNESCO, Ministries of Education, social media networks and online media in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
These and other cards are currently available in Russian and English. Translations to Armenian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz and other languages are to be published soon.