Date and Time: May 16th, Saturday 17:00-19:00 (GMT +8)
Broadcasting Link: https://www.eeo.cn/live.php?lessonKey=5dc28d70e7d0310c
In the global context, leveraging technologies to support teaching and learning become the inevitable trend, especially during campus closures. During the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the nationwide school closures are affecting over 90% of the world’s student population. However, this critical situation can also be an opportunity to rethink how education should be provided and designed in the future, and what skills are needed to achieve this.
On 16 May 2020 UNESCO INRULED, UNESCO IITE and other partners are jointly organizing the online forum for students in order to discuss their status and challenges, solutions of flexible learning at present and visions for future of education. A global dialogue involving college students are going to be launched around the theme of “looking to the future through the epidemic, looking to the world through students, and looking to education through design”.
This forum will collect students’ views on the following issues：
- What is the status of students learning in the country in which you’re living?
- What are the typical challenges of students learning near you?
- What are the available resources and solutions of flexible learning you can get with the local support?
- What is your vision for futures of education that might come in 2050?
- What will be the great benefit for students from the new ways of learning in 2050?
- What will be the greatest challenges for students from the new ways of learning in 2050?