Welcome to the Strategic Transformation Portal
UNESCO DG charts a new strategic direction
The convictions she expresses help set the stage for her proposed "pathway to a new UNESCO". Read more
Results from the “World in 2030” Public Survey
The results are already informing UNESCO’s reflections to ensure its programmes are responding to the real-world needs of citizens around the world over the coming decade. Read more
UNESCO’s Strategic Transformation is crucial
It’s a refrain heard often and everywhere: the challenges of this era – such as climate change, mounting inequalities, violence, conflict, and global public health. Read more
Global youth action on climate change
Results of UNESCO’s World in 2030 Survey show that climate change is the most important topic the world needs to address in the coming decade. Read more
Environmental sustainability at the core of our work
In the face of climate change, loss of biodiversity and environmental pollution, UNESCO and the United Nations are calling for unprecedented, concrete and immediate action for the environment. Read more
Interview with Jean-Yves Le Saux and Preliminary Survey Results.
The High Level Reflection Group
Dismantling discrimination and racism crucial to creating « a new world based on tolerance, peace and equality »
Policy needs science and empathy to confront “the complexity and amplitude of the problems mankind faces”
"There's tremendous progress coming from #Africa" - Mohamed Sidibay.
Each and every one of us can do something to build #peace and to promote inclusiveness.
"Education should not be a privilege, it should be a basic right" @MajaMakovec
"We need people to get excited about technology, machine learning & AI as a tool of self-expression & problem-solving..." @lindaliukas
"There's a big crisis with the post-truth society, with fake news (...) Good, verified & independent journalism plays a very important role in society" - María Teresa Ronderos
"Gender equality starts in the minds of people, and it starts with #education - @kunikoinoguchi.
"We need the values that @UNESCO is putting forward more than ever" - Cédric Villani.
Activities & Events
Socio-Economic and Cultural Impact of COVID-19 on Africa - UNESCO Responses
- Financing for Sustainable development Report 2019 - Overview
- Guidelines for UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework
- The Sustainable Development Goals Report 2018
- UN General Assembly Resolution 72/279 on the UN development system (UNDS) repositioning
- Gender Equality in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- COVID-19 and Human Development: Exploring global preparedness and vulnerability (UNDP)
- Shared Responsibility, Global Solidarity: Responding to the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 (UN)
- A UN framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19 (UN April 2020)
- UN Innovation Network- COVID-19 Special Session
- Review of change management in United Nations system organizations
Strategic Transformation Support Unit
Senior Advisor in the Cabinet of the Director General
Transformation Project Manager
Associate Programme Officer