Terms and Conditions of Use
UNESCO/WHC makes some of its web content available via syndication (XML/RSS/KML/XLS). An RSS icon appears on the syndication page, indicating those sections available for syndication. Whether you register as a subscriber or not, you must observe the following rules
- This website and its content is protected by international law. Any republication, online or in any other form, of any UNESCO/WHC data requires prior written authorization.
- Individuals or organizations may ask for written permission to syndicate the content of the sections that are specifically made available (as indicated by the availability of the RSS icons mentioned above) for personal, non-commercial use, without fee. For more information, or to obtain an authorization, contact us.
- No modifications may be made to the content of any material that is syndicated. Changes you may make are limited to display typeface, typeface size, typeface color, and linebreaks.
- You may not sell, license, or otherwise assign the use of any of the material contained in UNESCO/WHC website. Each syndication use must include a link back to the UNESCO/WHC home page: https://whc.unesco.org as well as the specific item's page. The correct reference is included in the Channel Link element of the XML/RSS/KML/XLS feed.
- Each syndication use must include the following copyright notice: "Copyright © 1992 - [current year] UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved." The correct reference is included in the Channel Description element of the XML/RSS/KML/XLS feed.
- Syndication feeds are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. UNESCO/WHC reserves the right to cancel this service at any time, without notice.
Policy : Specific Requests (XML/RSS/KML/XLS)
- Sections that are not made available for syndication (as indicated by the availability of the XML/RSS/KML/XLS icons mentioned above) may not be "scraped" or otherwise syndicated in any manner.
- Individuals or organizations who wish to syndicate specific material must obtain a specific XML subscription and licence from UNESCO/WHC. This will imply a fee. UNESCO/WHC reserves the right to deny syndication licences at its sole discretion. For more information, or to obtain an authorization, contact us.
News & Events
KML layer including key information on the natural and mixed World Heritage sites that were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List as of 7 August 2012.