UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE) is looking for an individual short-term consultant to contribute to the extrabudgetary project “Promoting ICT Capacity Building and Open Education in the Era of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Technologies”. The overall objective of the project initiated by UNESCO IITE and Shanghai Open University (SOU) is to foster human and social development of Member States through the use of ICT-based innovative approaches with a particular focus on open education to expand access to relevant lifelong learning opportunities and enhance the quality of learning.
In particular, the consultant shall contribute to the project’s Activity 2.1.1 “Collecting innovative practices on digital transformations related to use of advanced ICT in education, including artificial intelligence (AI), and analytical review development”. The collection of best practices aims to improve understanding of the potential, benefits and limitations of AI and advanced IT among educators. In line with the project objective, the consultant shall:
- Review the submissions from schools, TVET organizations and universities aimed to share best practices on digital transformations related to the use of advanced ICT in education, including AI. At least 25 submissions will be provided by UNESCO IITE and SOU.
- Conduct desk research on best practices in the field of digital transformation of education supplementing the thematic and geographical lacunae of the submissions.
- Based on the analyses of the submissions and conducted desk research, prepare an analytical review on digital transformations related to the use of advanced ICT and AI in education. The number of Member States in which innovative practices on digital transformations in education are analysed shall be at least 10. The analytical review shall be submitted in English to UNESCO IITE no later than 10 October 2021.
Due to the current sanitary situation, teleworking will be compulsory until further notice.
The potential candidate should meet the following qualification requirements:
- advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in the field of education, social sciences, pedagogics, ICT, or a related field,
- proven experience in providing consulting services, drafting and editing (e.g. reports, articles, publications, speeches, briefings, etc.) in the field of ICT in education, and
- excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of English.
Interested individuals are requested to submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 July 2021. The application should contain a cover letter accompanied by a full resume stating the details of qualifications, working experience, and a proposed budget (in USD).
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.