15 December 2021
Post title: Senior Specialist – Teacher Professional Development and Networking (TPDN)
Organizational unit: UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies in Education (UNESCO IITE)
Duty station: Moscow, Russia
Special notice: two positions at similar level will be filled
Closing date: 14 January 2022
Overview of the functions of the post
Purpose of post
To contribute to the activities of the Unit of Teacher Professional Development and Networking.
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO IITE and direct supervision of the Chief of the Teacher Professional Development and Networking Unit, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
- Design, coordinate, and monitor the Unit’s well-targeted research, analytical, information and training activities; contribute to the planning and implementation of UNESCO IITE’s programmes and extra-budgetary projects.
- Develop tailored proposals for the programme initiatives and extra-budgetary projects of UNESCO IITE; collect information materials and relevant insights on innovative approaches related to the ICT use in education; conduct data analysis and evaluation within the scope of the Unit’s overall AoR and course of specific activities.
- Participate in joint arrangements with other UNESCO agencies and UN Organizations, National Commissions for UNESCO, UNESCO Associated Schools Project Network (ASPnet).
- Undertake search and selection of dedicated specialists and expert organizations providing services within the scope of the Unit’s activity lines; conduct official correspondence and communication related thereto, coordinate preparation, conclusion, and implementation of contractual arrangements in full accordance with the UNESCO Guidelines and Regulations.
- Establish new, and maintain long-term, professional contacts, while ensuring effective liaison with partner organizations and relevant stakeholders regarding the Unit’s ongoing and prospective activities.
- Draft Memos, strategic documents, analytical assumptions, and rationales for successful implementation of the Unit’s programmes and initiatives.
- Engage in translating, editing, proofreading, and designing (if deemed necessary) the Unit’s publications; manage the full range of activities towards publication of the Unit’s outreach and training materials.
- Contribute to the preparation of press-releases, news items, annotations and other informational materials concerning the Unit’s activities; involve in the organization and support of the Institute’s external events (conferences, workshops, trainings, high-level meetings and sessions, etc.).
- Actively participate in the dissemination of information about the Institute’s and/or Unit’s activities, project outputs and programme results, new publications, etc.; update publicity announcements within relevant sections of the UNESCO IITE’s website and across social media platforms.
- Represent UNESCO IITE at international events as designated by the Director of UNESCO IITE and the Chief of the Unit.
- Provide performance reviews to the Director of UNESCO IITE and the Chief of the Unit; prepare reporting documentation on the Unit’s practices and endeavours.
- Fulfill other assignments along the lines of the Institute’s activity, as requested by the Director of UNESCO IITE and the Chief of the Unit.
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) in education, social sciences, pedagogy, ICT, or a related field.
- Over five years of professional work experience, pertinent to implementation of international education initiatives;
- Domain-specific knowledge in the use of digital technology (ICT) in education;
- Practical expertise in further professional education, distance learning and/or inclusive education is an advantage;
- Experience with educational, governmental and international organizations would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent drafting and editing skills;
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and to meet tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail;
- Ability to establish effective working relations with colleagues in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain partnership relations with educational institutions, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations and other relevant institutions;
- Solid IT skills including knowledge of Office software.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Russian is required.
Conditions of employment
- Labour legislation and employment regulations of the Russian Federation are applied to this position. Monthly salary of 70,000 RUB subject to income tax. Additional premium scheme available based on availability of funds and performance after probation period of three months.
- UNESCO is a non-smoking Organization.
How to apply
- Please submit to the UNESCO IITE by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org in English:
- a full CV using the UNESCO CV form available at https://iite.unesco.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/CV-UNESCO.doc;
- a letter of motivation;
- a list of three references (name, title, organization, address, telephone, email)
- Kindly use as email subject header – “Senior Specialist – TPDN”.
- Only successful candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for further review and evaluation.
- A written examination may be used in the evaluation of candidates.
- Applications should be submitted before closing date of 14 January 2022 midnight Moscow time. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.