45th session of the World Heritage Committee
Kazan, Russian Federation (as per Decision 44 COM 16 of the World Heritage Committee, 2021) 19-30 June 2022
Historic and Architectural Complex of the Kazan Kremlin
© Official Tourism Portal of the Republic of Tatarstan - visit-tatarstan.com
In view of the many questions being addressed to UNESCO concerning the 45th session of the World Heritage Committee scheduled to take place in Kazan (Russian Federation) from 19 to 30 June 2022, the procedural elements are hereby clarified:
- The 194 States Parties to the World Heritage Convention are represented by 21 Member States elected in the General Assembly. These 21 Member States compose the World Heritage Committee.
- As stipulated in the Rules of Procedure, the World Heritage Committee itself determines, at each session, the date and place of its next session.
- As such, the decision by the Member States of the World Heritage Committee to hold the 45th session of the Committee in Kazan was taken at the 44th session of the Committee, in July 2021, following the invitation by the Russian Federation.
- A change of location of the 45th session can be decided at this stage by the Member States of the World Heritage Committee in the governance bodies dedicated to this Committee.
- This decision can thus be taken in two ways:
- either by the 21 Member States of the Committee, meeting in extraordinary session at the request of two-thirds of its members, who would take the decision by consensus or by a simple majority vote;
- or by the States members of the Bureau of the Committee who would take the decision at a dedicated meeting.
- The list of States members of the World Heritage Committee and Bureau is available at the following link: whc.unesco.org/en/committee/
H.E. Mr. Alexander Kuznetsov (Russian Federation)
Rapporteur: Ms. Shikha Jain (India)
Vice-Chairpersons: Argentina, Italy, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand
Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Mali, Mexico, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Thailand, Zambia
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||2021-2025||2025|