Welcome to the Global Youth Community!
The UNESCO Global Youth Community (GYC) is an inclusive platform, run by youth and for youth. It aims to provide a space that fosters youth-to-youth collaboration and intergenerational learning, and increases the visibility of youth action and work of young change-makers.
This initiative emerged during the 11th UNESCO Youth Forum (November 2019). 75 young people, from all regions of the world and leading ground-breaking change in their countries and communities in UNESCO’s domains, gathered to discuss the best strategies to improve Youth Engagement with UNESCO. They created the UNESCO Global Youth Community
The UNESCO Global Youth Community has two objectives:
- Emerge as an independent learning community by and for young people across the globe to co-learn, co-design and co-implement projects and programmes related to UNESCO’s fields of competence, in a safe, flexible and inclusive space.
- Encourage and facilitate meaningful engagement of young people in the development and implementation of UNESCO projects and programmes
GYC provides five main services
Collaboration / Networking / Learning / Advocacy / Opportunities
- Connect with other GYC members in efforts to obtain funding or other types of support (endorsement, visibility, technical support, etc.) from UNESCO or other relevant actors.
- Submit content about your specific project(s) or about the work of your youth-led organization.
- Engage with peer-learning opportunities in UNESCO’s fields of competence; access trainings, workshops and volunteer opportunities; contribute to projects and learn from others.
- Access the learning hub, where you can find resources and training materials in a variety of different formats (webinars, courses, publications).
- Participate in forums and campaigns that unite young people around the world.
Who can apply?
Individuals, aged 18-35, and youth-led organizations– implementing their initiatives within UNESCO’s main fields of competence:
- Natural Sciences
- Social and Human Sciences
- Communication and Information
How to become a member?
To become a member of the GYC platform, please fill in the application form here: “Join us”.
A special Youth Committee will evaluate each application in order for future members to be part of the platform.