25 March - UW-Madison Conference on the Futures of Education
The University of Wisconsin-Madison's Department of Educational Policy Studies is organizing its annual conference on the 25 March, focusing this year on the futures of education and on UNESCO's landmark report Reimagining our futures together: a new social contract for education.
Three essential questions, answered in the first two chapters of the report, will form the basis of discussions during the conference:
- What educational progress has been achieved over the last 50 years?
- What injustices still need to be addressed? (Chapter 1 of the report)
- What emerging disruptions will shape the world of 2050? What role can education play in achieving desired futures? (Chapter 2 of the report)
The conference will feature the following keynote speakers:
- Dr. Antonio Novoa, Portuguese ambassador to UNESCO and formerly the Rector of the University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- Dr. Noah Sobe, Professor of Comparative Education at Loyola University, UW grad, former president of Comparative and International Education Society, and Senior Project Officer in the Education Research and Foresight programme at UNESCO. Dr. Sobe directed the review process for the report.
The programme will also include panels of students presenting their work. There will also be opportunities to connect with current, future, alumni and emeriti members of the EPS community.
When: March 25, 2022, 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CT
Where: Education Building, WI Idea Room 159, 1000 Bascom Mall, Madison, WI 53706, USA
*Some conference sessions will be broadcast in Room 159 virtually via Zoom.
Program Fee: Free; pre-registration required
Please click here for more information and to register.