The UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS) is pleased to announce a global virtual meeting, to bring together all TCG Member States and organizations and to support all in the implementation of the SDG 4 Thematic Indicator Framework as we all face the COVID-19 pandemic.
The objective of this meeting is to inform TCG Members of the latest developments and to discuss together the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic affecting all of us, in order to see how UIS can best offer support to all and move forward as best as possible to achieve set objectives for 2020.
The virtual meeting has for objectives:
- Share the latest developments and agreements achieved during the 6th TCG meeting on the implementation of the SDG 4 Thematic Indicator Framework;
- Share updates from the latest IAEG-SDG 2020 Comprehensive Revision Framework, including the latest changes to the official list of SDG 4 global indicators;
- Learn about the main national challenges to monitor SDG 4 on different levels (national, regional, thematic, global) to inform and improve the work of the UIS and the TCG addressing and working with countries in the current COVID-19 pandemic;
- Obtain feedback from the TCG on specific topics related to the implementation and monitoring of the SDG 4; and
- Support the coordinating role of the regional country representatives to the TCG.
The meeting took place on Tuesday April 21 2020, 8:30am EDT (12:30 GMT).
- Representatives and colleagues participated virtually to the meeting using Microsoft Teams.
- Information on how to connect to the platform are available here.
- Meeting was coordinated by the UIS.
- The agenda for the meeting and the documentation are found.
- You can also access the documents via Google Drive.
|Welcome and introduction of the UIS and TCG voting members
|List of TCG Members
|Outcomes from the 6th TCG Annual Meeting and follow up
|Sixth Meeting of the Technical Cooperation Group on the Indicators for SDG 4 - Education 2030. Summary of decisions and TCG next steps
|Updates from the IAEG-SDG 2020 Comprehensive Review
|Report of the Inter-Agency and Expert Group on Sustainable Development Goal Indicators
|Updates on SDG 4 Indicators
|Official list of all SDG 4 Indications April 2020
|Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR) Presentation
|TCG Working Groups updates
|TCG WG TOR Feb 2020
|Facing the COVID-19 pandemic together: UNESCO and UIS' Education Response
|Next steps and conclusion
Documents (also all available on Google Drive)
- UIS Powerpoint presentation
- Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR) Presentation
- DIHR Infographic
- DIHR Human Rights Education (HRE) Indicator Framework 2020
- Towards a global classification framework for teacher policy dialogue: Developing an International Standard Classification for teacher training programmes, ISCED-T
- Current Status and Next Steps for SDG Indicator 4.7.3
- Revising SDG4 Indicators in Anticipation of Post COVID Changes in Education Systems
The video presentation of the meeting is available from the Google Drive folder.
Тhe TCG has met six times: in Washington, DC, USA (May 2016), Madrid, Spain (October 2016), Montreal, Canada (June 2017), Dubai, United Arab Emirates (January 2018), Mexico City, Mexico (November 2018), and Yerevan, Armenia (August 2019). At these meetings, the members:
- Revised the 43 thematic indicators proposed in the Education 2030 Framework for Action taking account of changes proposed by the Inter-Agency and Expert Group on SDG Indicators;
- Reached agreement on the list of 33 indicators for reporting in 2018 and 2019, and 37 in 2020;
- Shared national and regional experiences in the development and implementation of the SDG 4 monitoring process;
- Advanced the establishment of benchmarks, thresholds and minimum proficiency levels;
- Discussed capacity building needs of countries and ways to meet this needs.
1 Paragraph 100, Education 2030 Framework for Action.