Welcome to the Strategic Transformation Portal
Help UNESCO set the global agenda
UNESCO is launching an unprecedented public survey to gain insights into global sentiment on the major challenges that threaten peace around the world. Read more
An effective response to COVID-19
Proof of the effectiveness of the Strategic Transformation was tested and evidenced during COVID-19 Read more
Positive changes through leadership development
The challenges of leadership are constantly evolving, and modernized leadership and management of the Organization was one of the expected outcomes of the Strategic Transformation process. Read more
The power of intergenerational talks
On 16 July, the DDG called for a meeting between Young UNESCO and the Steering Committee of the Strategic Transformation Read more
Environmental sustainability at the core of our work
In the face of climate change, loss of biodiversity and environmental pollution, UNESCO and the United Nations are calling for unprecedented, concrete and immediate action for the environment. Read more
UNESCO 2030 Staff Survey shows strong belief in effectiveness heading into the next decade.
The High Level Reflection Group
"There's tremendous progress coming from #Africa" - Mohamed Sidibay.
Each and every one of us can do something to build #peace and to promote inclusiveness.
"Education should not be a privilege, it should be a basic right" @MajaMakovec
"We need people to get excited about technology, machine learning & AI as a tool of self-expression & problem-solving..." @lindaliukas
"There's a big crisis with the post-truth society, with fake news (...) Good, verified & independent journalism plays a very important role in society" - María Teresa Ronderos
"Gender equality starts in the minds of people, and it starts with #education - @kunikoinoguchi.
"We need the values that @UNESCO is putting forward more than ever" - Cédric Villani.
Activities & Events
Socio-Economic and Cultural Impact of COVID-19 on Africa - UNESCO Responses
- Financing for Sustainable development Report 2019 - Overview
- Guidelines for UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework
- The Sustainable Development Goals Report 2018
- UN General Assembly Resolution 72/279 on the UN development system (UNDS) repositioning
- Gender Equality in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- COVID-19 and Human Development: Exploring global preparedness and vulnerability (UNDP)
- Shared Responsibility, Global Solidarity: Responding to the socio-economic impacts of COVID-19 (UN)
- A UN framework for the immediate socio-economic response to COVID-19 (UN April 2020)
- UN Innovation Network- COVID-19 Special Session
- Review of change management in United Nations system organizations
Strategic Transformation Support Unit
Senior Advisor in the Cabinet of the Director General
Transformation Project Manager
Associate Programme Officer